Build a degree that broadens your education and helps you to discover your true interests and potential, before entering the workforce or pursuing a graduate qualification.
As an Arts student, you will build interdisciplinary knowledge, community leadership and cultural awareness, and graduate with the skills necessary to succeed in the rapidly changing global workplace.
- Ranked #1 in Australia and #18 in the world for English Language and Literature (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016)
- More than 30 areas of specialisation available, including languages, psychology, economics and media and communications
- Teaching and research excellence from internationally renowned researchers and leading practitioners in their fields
- Most popular degree in Victoria (Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre 2017).
The Bachelor of Arts offers the opportunity to explore a range of different subjects and the scope to focus on one or two majors in the humanities, social sciences and languages.
Our innovative and flexible curriculum lets you tailor your degree to match your interests and career goals. Choose from more than 30 areas of specialisation including languages, history, psychology, media and communications, and economics.
Our graduates are in-demand and successful in securing employment across a diverse range of industries. You will develop career-ready skills including problem-solving, analytical thinking, communication expertise, leadership and creativity.
Where will it take me?
Our graduates find that studying a range of disciplines across their Arts degree fosters flexible thinking and opens up an array of career opportunities. Each major will give you specialised skills and strength in a certain discipline or field, essential in all workplaces:
- Problem-solving skills: Applicable to issues management, consultancy, planning, people management and diplomacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: Vital for any position of leadership, influence or innovation
- Analytical and planning skills and knowledge: Necessary for any role that requires planning, risk management or project management
- Understanding of cultural diversity: Important for careers in international relations, community development, translation and interpretation, and diplomacy
- Ability to think and act creatively and innovatively: Essential for roles in marketing and advertising, logistics, publishing and editing, consultancy and planning
- Intellectual integrity: Essential for reinforcing ethical values in any industry or career.