Students who complete this major will:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of traditions, ideologies and contemporary developments in the Asian region.
- Acquire the ability to use interdisciplinary frameworks to engage critically with key issues in contemporary Asia.
- Develop foundational research skills in the analysis of critical issues in the Asian region.
- Develop cross-cultural skills to work effectively with people from different cultures.
- Gain the ability to set goals and manage time and priorities and work effectively both independently and in groups
Offered by the Asia Institute
Knowledge of Asia is a crucial asset at this time of rapid globalisation and social change. Our Asian Studies program is one of the largest in Australia and comprises a comprehensive range of subjects in the intellectual, cultural, political and religious traditions of Asia, with a focus on China, Indonesia, Japan and Southeast Asia. Asian Studies subjects are taught in English and do not require language prerequisites. Study abroad programs and opportunities to participate in events and activities with an Asian focus are available.
- International relations
- Community development