Students who complete a major in Indonesian should:
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of Indonesian language, culture and society, relative to their entry level
- Develop a capacity to combine knowledge of the Indonesian language with Southeast Asian area studies and one or more disciplines.
- Acquire effective oral and written communication skills and develop the research and inquiry skills to examine complex issues from multiple disciplinary perspectives.
- Gain knowledge of the social and cultural diversity of the Southeast Asian region and develop the skills to work with people from diverse linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
- Develop an understanding of the local, national and global issues in the Southeast Asian region and have the capacity to work effectively across disciplines and cultures.
- Graduates will be able to be leaders in promoting Asian Literacy in their workplaces and communities.
- Gain the ability to set goals and manage time and priorities and work effectively both independently and in groups.
Offered by the Asia Institute
Learn the language of one of Australia's closest neighbours. Learning Indonesian can open up many interesting employment opportunities - in Indonesia, and with the many organisations that work with its 200 million citizens, including the Australian Government. You will be placed in an appropriate class level according to your ability and background in the language.
- International trade
- Multinational business