The Media and Communications program has as its objectives that graduates:
- are enabled to develop a comprehensive overview of the media's place in today's society, economy and culture, with an emphasis on the Asia-Pacific region;
- are provided with the fundamental written communication skills required by successful journalists and other media professionals;
- will achieve an understanding of new communication technologies and their impact on the fast changing global media environment;
- are trained to think across media- a skill of increasing importance for the next generation of media professionals and media researchers;
- will appreciate the value of an international and interdisciplinary approach to the study of Media and Communications.
Offered by the School of Culture and Communication
Media and Communications equips you with a critical understanding of constantly changing global media environments and technologies, and provides core research and professional skills valued across a range of media sectors. Subjects cover key developments in media industries and new communication technologies, and their effect on politics, society and culture.
- Public relations
- Media management